The National Nursing Practice Network® (NNPN) is a community of practices committed to the promotion and implementation of evidence-based practices (EBP) to improve healthcare and population health. The NNPN is composed of over 100 community and academic healthcare systems and hospitals representing in 32 states in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Singapore.
Mission and Vision Statements
The mission of the NNPN is to:
- foster exceptional healthcare outcomes of individuals, groups, and communities receiving nursing care in a variety of healthcare environments;
- advance professional nursing practice through application of evidence in care delivery;
- support nursing leadership development for EBP; and
- increase the understanding of mechanisms and strategies that foster use of evidence by those delivering healthcare services.
The vision of the NNPN is to be a national exemplar of:
- nursing practice excellence;
- implementation science; and
- promotion of EBPs at all levels of the care continuum.
Membership in the NNPN represents a voluntary decision to be part of a consortium of healthcare organizations dedicated to EBP. The NNPN members bring their uniqueness to this network to work together promoting EBP from a global perspective. Actions and decisions are made in context of the NNPN’s focus to promote evidence-based health care practices across the nation. Activities and programs sponsored by the NNPN are designed to meet the collective needs of member organizations. For more information on becoming a member, click here.