The National Nursing Practice Network® (NNPN) represents a commitment to the promotion and implementation of evidence-based practice (EBP) through a collaborative model designed to promote shared learning and participation.
Mission and Vision Statements
The mission of the NNPN is to:
- foster exceptional healthcare outcomes of individuals, groups, and communities receiving nursing care in a variety of healthcare environments;
- advance professional nursing practice through application of evidence in care delivery;
- support on-going nursing leadership development for EBP; and
- increase our understanding of the mechanisms and strategies that foster use of evidence by those delivering healthcare services.
The vision of the NNPN is to be a national exemplar of:
- nursing practice excellence;
- translation science; and
- promotion of EBPs at all levels of the care continuum.
Membership in the NNPN represents a voluntary decision to be part of a consortium of healthcare organizations dedicated to EBP. The NNPN members bring their uniqueness to this network to work together promoting EBP from a global perspective. Actions and decisions are made in context of the NNPN’s focus to promote evidence-based health care practices across the nation. Activities and programs sponsored by the NNPN are designed to meet the collective needs of member organizations. For more information on becoming a member, click here.